Because my ideal job is to teach 3rd-5th grade, I went out and found a blog that has to do with
teaching higher grades. Though I'm still not completely sure that I can make a positive impact on the students I come in contact with, and although I'm not sure I'm going to be 100% satisfied with the career path I am choosing, Marcia gave me hope. She said that her job as a teacher keeps her "challenged, interested, and revitalized" which I know is something that I will need through out my life. She gives helpful insight that has made me realize this career path I am trying to follow will be exciting and fun. It will be challenging at times, but Marcia gave me the motivation and direction that I needed in my life.
Marcia also posts different activities that she has had her fifth grade students do, which included an assignment on Veteran's Day. They had to listen to a song, read a poem, and look at pictures. Then the students had to write a letter to a Veteran thanking them for their service.
I enjoy this blog because it doesn't focus on just the testing the students have to do or certain subjects, it instead focuses on the whole idea of being a teacher and the positive aspects associated with it.
No comments:
Post a Comment