Wednesday, February 11, 2015

My Teaching Philosophy

     One of the biggest, and I believe most important thing that I would like to include in my classroom involves Gardner's Theory of Multiple Intelligences. I realize that each individual student is different and learns in a way that is not the same as all of the other students. I want to be able to incorporate all 8 of the different intelligences into my classroom and know where each individual child thrives.
    When I was in elementary school, I remember it was very difficult for me to sit in one spot with out being able to get up and move. I actually started losing concentration because I was so focused on the fact that I needed to be able to move. I want to be sure that the students in my class don't have to worry about that. I want to be able to keep them focused on the tasks presented and not on anything else.
    I was also a very hands-on person. I learned best by being able to do it myself. I think that children have their own ways to learn and fortunately there are even more possibilities with the advancement in technology.
    I'd like the students in my class to actually have fun and not dread coming to school. I do believe that although there are certain standards that the teachers and students have to meet, it is 100% possible to make learning both relevant to the individual child as well as fun.

1 comment:

  1. Differentiation is such an important part of being a teacher! I agree with you completely that we need to keep student's needs and learning differences in mind as we make lesson plans. We also need to make sure that every student has the same opportunity to learn and to focus in a classroom, I agree with you 100%!

    ReplyDelete