Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Technology in Education

    I started going into a fifth grade classroom in Oshkosh, WI in the month of October in 2014. I article about how teachers can effectively implement technology in their classrooms which sparked some interest in how I intended to use technology when I become a teacher.
immediately noticed one major difference between when I was in elementary and what is currently happening in the classroom-Technology. The advancement of technology has really changed the way that children are thinking nowadays. When I was in school, we had desktop computers, but things like SmartBoards and tablets were non-existent. I recently read an
    One of the things this article brings up is the fact that once technology is introduced, the teacher is no longer going to be the center of attention. This makes a lot of sense when you think about it, but just because the teacher isn't the center of attention doesn't mean that the students aren't learning. I think that if you are able to successfully integrate technology into the classroom, then the students will actually learn more because they can be at their own pace. The children that are slower learners won't fall behind because they are able to work at a level they are comfortable with.
    This article also talks about the different activities possible depending on the situation you are, whether you just have one computer, 5 computers, or a computer for every single student. I know that as a teacher, just like the article stated, I'm going to have to be familiar with the new technology and know exactly when it is appropriate to be used. I'm actually very excited to be able to teach in this time, because I know that technology will have so much to offer for the students.

1 comment:

  1. I really like that point about the teacher not being the center of attention when technology is introduced. I agree that just because the teacher isn't the center of attention doesn't mean the students aren't learning. I think this relates a lot toward the idea of hands on experiences that the students are then able to make personal connections with.

    ReplyDelete